I'm horrible at coming up with my own list of things to accomplish, so I decided to take this 225 item bucket list from lifed.com, and see how I'm doing. If I get to count my Honorable Mentions, I'm over 30% done with the list!
Here's my legend and tally:
|51 = Things I have already done. Yay me!|
|18 = Things I should get an "Honorable Mention" for completing. AKA... close enough!|
|72 = Things I would *Love* to do! So these are my new bucket list I guess|
|52 = Things that sound interesting, so "lets put a pin in that." I'll do the LOVE ideas first, then get to these, OK?|
|32 = Ain't gonna happen. Nope. Does not sound like fun to me!|
1. Throw Tomatoes at La Tomatina -- an hour-long festival in Bunol, Valencia (Spain) where an estimated 150,000 tomatoes (a whopping 90,000lbs of juicy, pasty awesomeness) are flung everywhere and at everyone. I think I'll pass on a huge food fight.
4. Visit Area 51
5. Set Foot On All Seven Continents -- How about all of them except Antarctica?
11. Finish a Jigsaw Puzzle
12. Learn a New Vocabulary Word Every Day
15. Hold an Event in the Sky -- That's just weird.
20. Bungee Jump from Royal Gorge Bridge -- I don't jump off bridges.
23. Learn to Speak Another Language Fluently -- To truly be fluent, I'd have to move to another country, and that's unlikely to happen.
24. Climb One of the World’s Seven Summits
25. Bathe in the Ganges River During the Purna Kumbh Mela
27. Visit the Birthplace or Gravesite of a Cultural Icon
28. Enjoy a Freshly Rolled Cigar in Cuba -- Ick. Cigars are icky.
32. Drink Beer at Oktoberfest -- I don't drink.
33. Become a Fighter Pilot for a Day
34. Go to the Super Bowl
35. Go on a Toboggan Run in Grindelwald via Bussalp
36. Learn to Make a Dish and Become Known for It
37. Visit Redwood National Park
38. Float Around the Dead Sea
39. Watch the Sunset from Oia, Santorini, Greece
40. Hang Glide Over Rio de Janeiro
41. Relax on Poipu Beach in Florida
42. Stargaze at the Atacama Desert in Chile
43. Get Passionate About a Cause
44. Listen to War Stories -- I've listened to my dad's stories (which includes his time in the army). Anyone who knows my dad, knows I get to count this one!
45. Create Your Family Tree -- I've spend some time researching here and there; I even found the ship that my grandfather immigrated on. But I have a great uncle really gets a gold star: he did an enter 300 page book on my mother's family's tree. Impressive, huh?
46. Watch a Space Shuttle Launch -- I think we missed our chance on this one!
48. Ride a Hot Air Balloon in Cappadocia, Turkey
50. Learn to Juggle
51. Scuba Dive on the SS Yongala
52. Get a Deep-Tissue Massage
53. Get Through the Longleat Hedge Maze
54. Ride on the Singapore Flyer
55. Take a Week-Long Technology Hiatus
56. Write Your Last Will and Testament
57. Drive on the German Autobahns
58. Party at Mardi Gras
59. Ride a Gondola in Venice, Italy
60. Visit Stonehenge During the Summer Solstice
61. Attend the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain
65. Go on an African Safari at the Masai Mara National Reserve (Kenya)
66. Attend the FIFA World Cup
67. Bathe in the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa -- a huge geothermal (heat that’s naturally produced underground, naturally) spa in a lava field in Grindavik, Iceland.
68. Learn to Master Chess
69. Spend the Night at the The Myrtles Plantation -- (St. Francisville, Louisiana) is often attributed “one of America’s most haunted houses”, and that’s not surprising considering that it’s almost as old as the U.S. itself.
70. Play Golf on The Old Course at St. Andrews
71. Attend a Blue Man Group Show
72. Spend New Year’s Eve in Sydney, Australia
73. Milk a Cow
74. Chase a Tornado -- I live in the Midwest. This is not something you are supposed to do. You are supposed to go in your basement and hide!
75. Stand in the Crown of the Statue of Liberty
76. Work for Tips -- I was a waitress for a short time in college.
77. Ride the Rocky Mountaineer -- the breathtaking trainride through western Canada.
78. Visit Machu Picchu
79. Tour the Neuschwanstein Castle
80. Cage-Dive with Crocodiles -- What?
81. Explore the Great Pyramid of Giza
82. Visit the Colosseum
83. Walk on the Great Wall of China
84. Drink a Piña Colada in San Juan, Puerto Rico -- I'll have to make it a virgin Piña Colada, but whatever.
85. Fast for Three Days -- this migraineur needs food!
86. Visit the Taj Mahal
87. Learn to Surf
88. Ride an Elephant
89. Be Part of a Flash Mob
90. Attend a Murder Mystery Dinner -- This was my 18th birthday party! I even made everyone dress in character!
91. Break Plate Glass With a Ball-Pen Hammer -- Channel your inner destructive child with this one. Step 1: Acquire ballpoint pen 2: Acquire plate glass 3: Have camera/camcorder handy Step 4: Puncture glass 5: Enjoy. Feel better?! Other than that, there’s not much else that could be elaborated on with this idea…!
92. Eat at an Undersea Restaurant -- Ithaa (Maldivian for ‘pearl’), on the Maldivian island of Rangalifnolhu, is one of the only ones in the world.
93. Collect Your Favorite Recipes
94. Swim With Dolphins -- The hubby and I did this in Cancun a few years back. It was awesome!
95. Learn to Sing
96. Thrown Down a Large Amount of Money on Roulette
97. Become a Cheese Connoisseur -- Totally get to check this one off! I am a lover of all things cheese. I've been known to sit down with a very large serving of brie and crackers for dinner.
98. Stay in an Overwater Bungalow in Bora Bora
99. Go Couchsurfing -- Not really interested on sleeping on a stranger's couch, thank you very much.
100. Leave a Hefty (50% or more) Tip for Excellent Service
101. Eat a Six-Course Meal That You Prepared -- I've served Thanksgiving dinner to my family. I get to check this one off!
102. Go to Ferrari World -- This amusement park is in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Can you say HOT???
103. Eat Outside Your Comfort Zone
104. Quit a Job That You Really Hate -- I was 19, working at a greenhouse. The boss was evil and condesending. I quit. Yay me.
105. Kayak in the Bioluminescent Bay of Fajardo, Puerto Rico
106. Be a Movie Extra -- I totally get points here for helping my hubby get onto numerous movies, including Ides of March and Real Steel!
107. Ride a Cable Car in San Francisco
108. Learn to Bartend -- I have hosted enough parties that I at least get an honorable mention here.
109. Participate in Geocaching
110. Get a Ph.D. Degree
111. Stand Atop the Eiffel Tower -- Ok, we only made it to the second level. That's pretty good, right?
112. Swim in the Devil’s Pool -- on the edge of the 355ft-high Victoria Falls waterfall on the Zambezi River (S. Africa), Devil’s Pool is a naturally occurring ‘pool’ that sits perilously close to almost certain death awaiting below. AKA... are you nuts???
113. Become Financially Literate
114. Become a Foster Parent -- I think two kids is enough for me!
115. Ride a Segway -- Hubby and I took a tour of New Orleans on Segways. It was so much fun!
116. Learn a Martial Art
117. Gamble at The Venetian Macao
118. Pass on a Family Heirloom
119. Drink a $1,000+ Bottle of Champagne -- What's with all the drinking?
120. Develop a General Knowledge on Important Topics -- Anyone who knows me knows that I got this one conquered.
121. Attend the Grand Ole Opry
122. Visit Hershey’s Chocolate World -- We've gone to HersheyPark. That counts, right?
123. Tour the White House
124. Learn CPR
125. Kick Negative Habits -- I'm a work in progress.
126. Attend the Midnight Screening of a Blockbuster Movie on Opening Day -- They would take away my geek license if I didn't do this!
127. Go to a Blues Bar in Chicago
128. Visit Death Valley in July -- Have I mentioned that I don't do heat?
129. Watch a Movie at a Drive-In Movie Theater
130. Have Your Portrait Painted
131. Visit Vatican City and All of Its Attractions
132. Buy a Round of Drinks for the Whole Bar
133. Party at the Rio Carnival
134. Travel on the Beijing–Shanghai High-Speed Railway
135. Become a Space Tourist -- When I become a billionaire!
136. Climb to the Top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa -- We went to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but we were only there for about an hour. No time to climb!
137. Participate in a Polar Bear Plunge -- We were called "Polar Bears" if we jumped into the lake at Girl Scout camp in the early, frigid morning. That counts, right?
138. Get Married
139. Master a Lawn Sport -- "Back in the day" I was pretty good at Ultimate Frisbee.
140. Go Whale Watching
141. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin, Ireland
142. Take a Helicopter Tour Over Kauai -- No helicopters, but we did bike down a Hawaiian volcano, lead by a crazy guide. I totally get an honorable mention for that!
143. Take a Submarine Tour in Waikiki
144. Tour the Titanic Wreckage At the Bottom of the Atlantic -- I think I'll just visit the museum exhibit!
145. Swim in the World’s Largest Swimming Pool
146. Stay at the Icehotel in Sweden
147. Hold a Koala
148. Watch Andrea Bocelli Perform Live in Milan -- He sometimes comes to Michigan... does that count?
149. Visit the Louvre Museum
150. Participate in a Protest -- Back in college, I was once tear gassed during the Fab Five finals. Does that count?
151. Fly First Class With Emirates -- I'll do this right after I earn my first billion.
152. Drive a Motorcycle -- I've ridden (but not driven) on one, and my brother is a motocross biker. That at least gives me a few points, right?
153. Build a Sand Sculpture at Texas SandFest
154. Forgive and Let Go of Grudges -- I continually work on this.
155. Attend the Monaco Grand Prix
157. Write a Book
158. Shake Hands with the President of the United States
159. Participate at Burning Man
160. Attend a Japanese Tea Ceremony
161. Learn to Paint
162. Go to the World Series
163. Buy a Round-the-World Air Ticket
164. File Your Own Taxes -- Every year!
165. Attend a Cirque du Soleil Show
166. Visit the Auschwitz Concentration Camp -- I've been to Bergen-Belsen -- The camp where Anne Frank died. *shiver*
167. Hike the Appalachian Trail
168. See and Photograph Christ the Redeemer
169. Tour Hagia Sophia -- Considered the finest example of Byzantine architecture in the world, the huge church is now a museum in Istanbul, Turkey.
170. Tour Petra -- is an ancient archaeological city in Ma’an, Jordan that’s famous for its ancient rock cut structure (carved into/out of the slope of Mount Hor in the Arabah Valley) and water conduit system.
171. See a Performance at the Sydney Opera House
172. Visit Red Square in Moscow
173. Visit Walt Disney World Resort
174. Visit Easter Island
175. Help Someone Else Fulfill a Goal
176. Take a Cooking Class
177. Go to the Airport and Take the Next Random Flight
178. Buy a House
179. Go on an Amazon Rainforest Expedition
180. Take a Cruise on the Allure of the Seas
181. Fly a Kite at the Cervia International Kite Festival -- held in the spring in Cervia, Italy (a town on the Adriatic coast, about two hours south of Venice) is one of the most prominent, longest-running festivals of its kind in Europe and probably the world.
182. Tour Kiyomizu-dera -- a Buddhist temple (of the Goddess of Mercy) and integral relic and treasure of ancient Kyoto, Japan.
183. Visit Tikal -- one of the largest archaeological digs of the ancient Maya civilization in all of South America.
184. Visit Jerusalem’s Old City
185. Walk on the Grand Canyon Skywalk -- I'll just visit the Grand Canyon. I don't need to walk over it!
186. Walk the Golden Gate Bridge
187. Observe from the Burj Khalifa -- I saw Mission Impossible. That's enough for me!
188. Travel Through the Channel Tunnel
189. Tour the New World Trade Center
190. Start Your Own Successful Business
191. See a Lunar Eclipse and a Solar Eclipse
192. Learn Sign Language -- Does doing the "Signing Time" videos with my kids count?
193. Experience A Symphony of Lights on the Star Ferry-- Located between the Kowloon Peninsula and Hong Kong Island, Victoria Harbour is famous many things, especially the Symphony. Every day (excluding those of inclement weather), ferry-goers of the Star Ferry are whisked around the Harbour and treated to a synchronized light and laser multimedia show—thanks to the help of 44 skyscrapers, miles of optic lighting, LED lights, searchlights, and laser beam equipment.
194. Play in the Mud at the Boryeong Mud Festival -- mud-slinging at the annual Boryeong Mud Festival in Seoul, South Korea on the Daecheon beachfront.
195. Connect With Teachers From Your Past
196. Explore the Paleolithic Cave Art in Altamira -- the paleolithic cave art in Altamira, Spain the “Sistine chapel of Paleolithic art”. These ancient caves bear what is thought to be the earliest-known drawings and pictures in recorded history, said to date back to (as far as) 16,000 years ago.
197. Wander Through the Shops of Akihabara -- a.k.a. ‘Akihabara Electric Town’ (‘Akibaa’ locally), is one of the many gadget store-havens and districts of Tokyo; and Tokyo’s metro area is, by the way, the largest on Earth with nearly 35-million residents.
198. Go on a Dinner Sleigh Ride in Frisco, Colorado
199. Eat at Tom Wahls in Avon, NY -- old fashioned, 100% American grub and experience (or even relive) the mid-1950s restaurant scene at the original Tom Wahls of Avon, NY (upstate New York).
200. Acquire Persuasion Skills
201. Visit Toys ‘R’ Us Times Square
202. Build a Bonfire and Make S’mores
203. Trek on the Perito Moreno Glacier - Los Glaciares National Park, situated in the Santa Cruz province of southern Argentina.
204. Read At Least Five Books From Modern Library’s Best Novels List
205. Go to the World Expo
206. Take a Photography Class
207. Perfect a Magic Trick
208. Rescue a Dog/Cat From an Animal Shelter
209. Pay for a Strangers Groceries
210. Ride the “X” Train -- travel between Los Angeles and Las Vegas on the luxury “X” Train.
211. Zip Line in Monteverde, Costa Rica
212. Visit Niagara Falls
213. Stay in the Burj Al Arab Hotel -- Self-proclaimed “the world’s most luxurious hotel” and even “the only 7-star hotel there is” by many-a-journalist, the 70-floor hotel was designed to mimic the sail of the sailboat.
214. Go Wakeboarding
215. Skinny-Dip at Turtle Island, Fiji -- I like the resort idea, but skinny dipping? I'll pass.
216. Visit Yosemite Valley
217. See Old Faithful
218. Assemble a List of Your All-Time Favorite Quotes
219. Learn to Manage Time and be More Productive -- I'm pretty good at this.
220. Sleep in a Hammock
221. Master the Scorpion Yoga Pose
222. Tour Hearst Castle
223. Write Yourself a Letter and Read it 10 Years Later
224. Compete in a Triathlon
225. Create a Bucket List -- I went through this list! I get points!