June 1-- Why are you doing this challenge.
So, why am I doing this challenge? Well... my blog has been neglect as of late, and I needed some motivation. This seemed like the perfect way to get me writing again!
June 2-- Post a picture of you smiling.
|Me and my |
I have already written one hundred random facts about me, but here's 15 more...
- We adopted a greyhound named Garrett last October. He's laid back, sweet and, yes, fast (when he wants to be).
- I'm a huge fan of The Hunger Games trilogy, and thought they did a great job with the movie. However, I felt a little old standing in line with all the teenagers on opening weekend!
- I have loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ever since I was a tween. I'm not happy with Mr. Bay's ideas about making them aliens!
- I have just recently picked up the hobby of geocaching. I'm planning to blog about it at some point!
- I really do have a zombie apocalypse kit in my basement. You can never be too prepared!
- We got rid of cable TV last year (it's been great!), and now we watch new TV shows on Hulu Plus. My favorite shows of late are Grimm and Being Human.
- My daughter is going to Hogwarts day camp one week this summer. I'm very jealous.
- My son is going to Star Wars day camp one week this summer. My husband is very jealous.
- I an IT manager. Specifically, I manage support for a global platform for business intelligence for a Fortune 100 company. If you just said "huh?" ... then I work with computers. ;)
- No, I will not fix your computer.
- I have a fairy garden in my front yard. It has a several fairy doors, a frog king and just added a pig with wings.
- We went to Disney World this year! It was a blast.
- I'm a working mom (duh!), and I have plenty of SAHMs, WAHMs, working moms, and non-mom friends. I wish this mommy war business would just stop, and we would let people be happy and proud of their decisions to parent and/or work. We could do so much more if we just supported each others' decisions.
- I hate ear buds. I'll only use the "old school" ear phones.
- If you haven't figured it out already, I'm both a nerd and a geek. And proud of it.
My blog name is ktmoxie. The "kt" is my initials. Some of you already know it, and I'm not writing it out here... stalkers and such. But here's some hints:
- I unfortunately share my first name with an actress who plays a human who loves a vampire ... no, a werewolf ... no, a vampire ... no, a werewolf... no, definitely a vampire. Stupid girl.
- I fortunately share my last name with my husband -- but I suppose that doesn't help you too much. He's Vietnamese-American, and my last name is a "very common" Vietnamese last name. That means I get to confuse people when I meet them for the first time (wait... you're white...are you adopted?)! I also share my last name with the earliest pioneers of the micro-computer! How geek-cool is that? (are you Googling it now?)
June 5-- Short term goals for this month and why those goals.
Goals? I don't need no stinking goals! I have a bunch of "to dos" and "hunny dos," but I don't think those count. So, here are my goals that aren't really goals, just stuff that will make me happy if I do them.
- Read for fun. 'Cuz reading is fun
- Geocache! Because it's my newest hobby, and I haven't gotten to do it enough. I'm limited by schedules and weather.
- Watch the rest of Game of Thrones - Season 1. Because this show ROCKS, and I don't have cable, so we had to buy the season after it came out on Amazon Video.
- Practice yoga. Because breathing is good.
June 6-- Nicknames you have and why you have them.
I really don't have any nicknames. If anyone calls me anything other than my first name, Mrs. T_____ or Mommy/Momma, I don't answer. That's a rather effective method for making sure you don't get a nickname.
What does that make me? Boring? Stern? Prim and proper? Take your pick.
June 7-- Picture of something that makes you happy.
|My son. And if this doesn't make you smile, then you are dead inside. :)|