However, what I also have in my purse is a pile of cards banded together with a hair band. Credit cards you think? NO. (though I have a few of those, too). It's all those other plastic cards to get "all those great deals." They are a HUGE wad in my purse now, as they do not fit my HUGE wallet.
*hand palm to face*
I even upgraded to the "mom" wallet this year.
|My mom wallet -- ain't it cute?|
Let's see what plastic mementos do I have in here...
- Store rewards cards. The biggest culprit. Kroger, Max and Erma's, Office Max, Best Buy, Borders, Famous Footwear...
- Punch rewards cards. I love Once Upon A Child and my kid's haircut place, but paper cards? Even more fun that the plastic ones because they can get destroyed in between visits to the store-of-choice. And you have to get them punched every time you shop.
- Library cardS. Yes, I have more than one, because I have my kids' cards, too!
- Prescription and health card cards. Cuz that couldn't just be one card. And oh -- you have to send me a new one every year so that I'm always carrying around one that is out of date. Thanks.
- Frequent flyer cards.
NorthwestDelta loves me. NOT.
- "Preferred Customer" cards. Apparently both Hertz and Avis prefer ME. Except for that Avis guy who prefers smoking something.
- Rechargeable cards. It seems like a good idea, and then you have cards from the car wash to Dave & Busters!
- Random gift cards. You know -- the ones I'll never remember to use.
P.S. After I wrote this post over my lunch hour, I ran out to Panera to grab lunch. Guess what they offered me? And did I turn it down? Of course not... Mmmm... Panera rewards!
This post was in response the Working Mom's Wednesday prompt... "What is in your purse?"