- If we stopped judging each other's parenting decisions, we'd have more time to judge our husband's parenting decisions! (just kidding hubby...)
- More women to discuss poopy butts. Compare colors, consistency, frequency... all the key attributes.
- Tag team overzealous coaches. Once SAHM mom # 1 is exasperated explaining that 5-year-olds should not be yelled at until they cry, TAG! Mom #2 in her suit and heels steps in, puts on her boss lady hat, and tears the coach a new one.
- More women to vent about whiny kids. Discuss high-pitch frequencies, world records...
- Bartertown! Maybe a SAHM is willing to swap some delicious home-baked cookies for that next bake sale for some updates to her website? Any takers?
- More women to support each other's breastfeeding decisions. And mutually stare down that guy at the restaurant who has a problem with it.
- Our kids are adorable. Really, they are. And smart. And talented. Haven't you seen the latest pictures? Video? Blog?
- More women ... friends. Many of my friends are SAHMs, many are working moms, many are not moms. We all still have lots in common!
- Our daughters (and sons) will know that women have many career choices. If we all get along, then our girls will see that each option is an acceptable -- no -- desirable career choice. And our sons will know that too.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
WMW: Top Ten reasons Working Moms and SAHMs should stop arguing with each other, and just get along
Please imagine David Letterman reading off this list, cuz he's way funnier than me. Nah -- maybe Ellen Degeneres -- she's hilarious. Or Rosie O'Donnell -- cuz she's actually a mom.