Grace in small things 9: Ren Faire, Spooky Saturday, and Monkeys in a barrel
What is Grace in Small Things?
Grace in Small Things (GIST) as a reminder to take notice of the positive things we tend to overlook. Grace in Small Things exists because we are choosing not to allow the noisiness of life to rob us of the time and energy to be mindful of ourselves and those we love and to recognize the grace that exists in small things.
91. Renaissance Faire! We went to the Ren Faire a few weeks back. We try to go every year. My daughter wore her *awesome* costume made by my friend Emily.
92. Sharing yoga -- My daughter has been taking kids yoga each Saturday. I'm sad that this Saturday is the last session for the kids.
93. Face painting for boys -- My boy got a bloody sword painted on his face at the Ren Faire. Happy boy.
94. Neighborhood Halloween party! I was the organizer of Spooky Saturday -- our neighborhood's Halloween party for the kids. It was a big hit.
95. Trinkets-n-trash prizes. That's what the kids were winning at the Spooky Saturday Halloween party playing all the Halloween-themed games. And they LOVED it.
96. Soccer boys -- My little guy started back up at soccer after taking the summer off (we did swimming lessons instead).
97. Neighborhood volunteers -- Even though I was the organizer of the Spooky Saturday kids party, I had lots of help from my neighbors, family and friends. Amazing the help you get when you ask!
98. 3 Monkeys in a barrel
99. Thick soled shoes that get you on the "big kids" ride -- We took the kids to a local fair, and my daughter managed to get onto this ride with Daddy. That is her at that end with Dad. Very excited.
100. Group Halloween costumes. My son and my best friend's daughter were the Toy Story character duo of Buzz and Jessie. Super cute.