Note: This contains some politically-oriented stuff, and my point of view. While well thought-out comments of any point of view welcome -- as I am quite open-minded -- trolls will be summarily deleted.Happiness and compassion
- Dad School -- A cartoon from series Baby Blues. Very sweet.
- Punished by Anger -- “You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.” ~Buddha.
- I love you to Uranus and back and Unconditional Love-- Booyah's Momma has a silly tale about terms of endearment. And another tale about unconditional love. Both are worth the read.
- Letting go of fake needs -- minimalist reminds us that we don't really "need" most of the things we "need"
- The woman who dumped the cat in the trash has been found. After hearing her explanation for her actions, it is clear this woman needs help, not further shaming and harassment. It is now time for forgiveness and compassion. The deed is done. It only seems worse because we all saw it. Time to let go and move on. She will need to move on as well.
- Detroit's Model Train -- Argh. They are planning a light rail train for Detroit, partially funded with Federal monies that were supposed to get us using more public transportation. BUT THE TRAIN DOESN'T GET PAST 8-MILE!!! For all of you who don't live here -- that means it's a train that STOPS at the edge of Detroit; no suburban communities on the rail! None of the middle class commuters who can financially SUPPORT public transportation are included in the plan.
What a dumb-a$$ plan. We don't need -- and we can't financially support -- a rail to just get AROUND Detroit. We already have that. It's called the People Mover, and it's a HUGE joke (plus the bus system that is hobbling along without enough riders to support it). We need a rail to get TO and FROM Detroit. Is this really rocket science??? Argh.
Because I can't resist
This cake(s) is/are AWESOME. From Cake Wrecks.