What is Grace in Small Things?
Grace in Small Things as a reminder to take notice of the positive things we tend to overlook. Grace in Small Things exists because we are choosing not to allow the noisiness of life to rob us of the time and energy to be mindful of ourselves and those we love and to recognize the grace that exists in small things.
52. Returning home after a business trip -- I only had a short business trip this week (2 days), but coming home still felt so good!
53. Loaning a book to a friend -- A neighbor who is also in my book club needed our month's book. I dropped off on her porch Friday night. Why does loaning a book feel good? :)
54. Swimming underwater -- my daughter mastered swimming underwater for the first time this week at swim lessons. She was so excited! She had to show us again and again afterwards. Do you remember the first time you could swim underwater?
55. Vigilant lifeguards -- I was interrupted from my book reading by a whistle and splash of a lifeguard during our kids' swim lessons. Everyone watched as he "saved"... a CPR doll. It was either left in the pool by an instructor, or had falling in from the side of the pool. The lifeguard was a bit embarrassed that he went into full lifesaving mode over a doll, but I was happy to see the the lifeguards were "on the ready" at our town rec pool.
56. Sidewalk sales -- During my business trip, I walked around Holland, Michigan on Thursday evening. There were sidewalk sales throughout the downtown area. Nothing beats a sidewalk sale deal!
57. Shopping for school supplies -- I had my daughter review and plan out our shopping trip with the list provided from the school. She really liked finding all the items on the list!