Grace in Small Things as a reminder to take notice of the positive things we tend to overlook. Grace in Small Things exists because we are choosing not to allow the noisiness of life to rob us of the time and energy to be mindful of ourselves and those we love and to recognize the grace that exists in small things.
38. Girls playing "salon" -- My daughter announced Tuesday that she had to gather up necklaces and nail polish for day camp. Other girls were bringing lip gloss. I had to wait at pick-up Wednesday while she finished painted a friend's nails.
39. First "real" chapter book -- My 6-year-old daughter and I have started reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory together (she reads a page, I read a page). She is very excited!
40. Gold Rush/Country Store -- Day camp asked for us to bring in toys, books and puzzles in good condition for the "country story." Last Friday, the kids had a "gold rush," then got to use their gold to buy items at the country store. Not only were the kids ecstatic about their new toys, but we netted less toys!
41. Flower girls -- I photographed a wedding over the weekend. The 6-year-old flower girl was the daughter of the bride and groom. Boy, was she excited. She was wearing the poofiest princess dress ever, and attending her parent's wedding. Can you beat that?
42. Shoe trees -- We had our anniversary dinner in my hubby's hometown. While driving home, he was reminded of a childhood memory -- the "shoe tree." A tree filled with shoes. Rumors of a serial killer placing dead kid's shoes in the tree made this tree the stuff of legend!!! We decided to go in search of the shoe tree. We found the road, but with many new subdivisions and houses nearby, it appeared that someone had cut down the mythic shoe tree. But the journey down memory lane was worth the ill-got adventure.
43. Washed loveys -- Hubby pried "Shakey doggie" from my son's tight grip and got it washed. My son may not have cared, but the rest of us are very thankful!
44. Anniversary flowers -- My hubby brought me home some gorgeous roses and lilies for our 13th anniversary. Thanks hubby!
49. Voice to text transcription -- We just started having our voice mails automatically transcribed and emailed to us. First -- this ROCKS. Second: our last name has been transcribed so far as the following words:
50. Iverson's cake -- Best. Cake. Ever. Iverson's in Dearborn, Michigan makes the most beautiful and best tasting cake EVER. We drive well out of our way to get this cake for every major occasion, and we just attended a friend's daughter's birthday party -- with Iverson's cake. YUM.