What is Grace in Small Things?
Grace in Small Things (GIST) as a reminder to take notice of the positive things we tend to overlook. Grace in Small Things exists because we are choosing not to allow the noisiness of life to rob us of the time and energy to be mindful of ourselves and those we love and to recognize the grace that exists in small things.
61. Ladies-only weekend -- I got to spend the whole weekend with my mom, sister-in-law and best friend enjoying plays in Stratford, Ontario.
63. Fairies -- One of the plays I saw in Stratford was Peter Pan. Amazing. Tears welled up in my eyes as I heard a small girl's voice urgently yell from the audience "I believe in fairies!" to save Tinkerbell -- even before Peter finished his request!
64. Store pets -- While roaming the tourist shops of Stratford, we ran into the welcoming retail pets. One cute little dog barked at passers by. The owner explained that the dog assumed everyone who walked by must come in his store! Just walking by was unacceptable!
65. Ariel in The Tempest -- Christopher Plummer was amazing in The Tempest -- a commanding performance. But Ariel, played by Julyana Soelistyo, nearly stole the show. Imagine a woman barely 4' 10" mesmerizing the audience every time she entered the stage. Wow.
66. Tea time -- We stopped in a town called Shakespeare, Ontario and had tea at Harry Ten Shilling. Awesome tea. Great atmosphere.
68. Dad-and-kids vacation -- While I ventured to Stratford, super-dad took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge for a weekend of swimming and game playing. What an awesome dad is that?
69. Loonies and Toonies -- I'm referring to the Canadian coins. Come one... who but Canadians will name their coins after a silly named bird. Then, instead of just saying you have a coin worth 2 of them, come up with another silly name? Please, Canada -- toss some more of your humor southward!
70. Tributes to equine friends -- After a horse died at my daughter's day camp, the kids decorated the horse's stale with pictures, flowers, notes and other tributes. Kids are really amazing sometimes.