Note: This contains some politically-oriented stuff, and my point of view. While well thought-out comments of any point of view welcome -- as I am quite open-minded -- trolls will be summarily deleted.Happiness and compassion
- “If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace.” -Ajahn Chah -- Tinybuddha.com has some great ideas on letting go.
- Blogger Life with 5 dogs tells the story how she helped track down a lost Rottweiler who was gone for 14 days! Beautiful story! And dear to my heart because we have a Rottie mix!
- 7 lessons you learn when it's too late -- from blogger Balance in me. Good stuff! My faves are, "It is never too early to start living a healthier lifestyle." and "Don’t take for granted what you have."
- So who is the middle-aged woman who stopped to stroke the cat.... before cruelly dumping kitty in the litter? -- You'll have to watch the video. A woman who looks like your average sweet lady walks down a sidewalk, sees a cute cat on the brick wall, pets it, then drops it into a trash bin. WHAT? Random acts of cruelty? I don't get it.
- Can Same-Sex Marriage Save Straight Marriage from Itself? Last week, blogger Jeremy Adam Smith from Daddy Dialectic published an op-ed in the San Francisco Chronicle about the Proposition 8 ruling. However, he also published the "full-length" version on his blog. Well worth the read.
- This is video of a protest at "Ground Zero" against the Islamic Center. An African American with a skull cap walks through the crowd, and is accosted by some of the protesters. His response? "All y'all dumb motherf***ers don't even know my opinion on shit." My thought? Prejudice: preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience. Source: Oxford Dictionary.
|The sad thing is... I've done this. From Twaggies.com.|
Fellow blogger, What would Jen do, is a zombie lover -- as am I. Guess what her loving husband got her? It's so awesome, you'll never guess. Just scroll down.
Because I can't resist
Simon Tofield's animated cartoons about his cat. Or maybe MY cat.
Fellow blogger Heligirl shows us that corporations do a have a sense of humor!
Blogger Mommypants shows us that, yes Virginia, deep fried butter does exist. Ewwww...