- You CAN’T do it all. Don’t try. Do you job well. Love your husband and kids well. Everything else is details.
- Talk to your husband about re-delegating the home responsibilities. So many moms returning to work FORGET TO DO THIS! They think they still are going to tend the home, and add on the full time job. NOT! He is going to need to take up some of the slack. You both can decide where that slack is — laundry, dishes, dinner, grocery shopping, bills? It really doesn’t matter. But when you do — and this is really important — give it over to him kit-and-caboodle. He’s going to do it HIS way now — not your way — AND THAT’S FINE. If the towels are now folded in halves, not thirds — it’s FINE. Towels are not going to bring down the household. Don’t sweat the details!
- Mornings and bedtimes: Have a routine and keep it. Do prep the night before if that's your style. We do breakfast-in-hand. Lots of breakfast bars/granola bars with sippy cups. Bedtime routine is consistent and within about the same 15 minutes every night.
- Daycare pick-up is the BEST time of day! I think SAHM’s have no idea what they are missing out on! Little ones yelling “mom” from across the room and jumping into your arms for hugs. Daily. Can you beat that???? Really. It almost makes the day away from them worth it.
- Your “grown-up brain" will thank you for the full-time work. Really. It will. It’s great to “flex those neurons.” It makes you more energized, and you'll be a better mom for it. I promise.
Source: CHUCK COOK / THE TIMES-PICAYUNE
P.S: A dad doing laundry is sexy.