I decided to post a weekly edition of "Grace in small things." I'm going to try to do this on Sundays, but I'm a little late this week. Schmutzie recommends posting 5 per day for a whole year. I think I'll post one day a week, and post as many items as I want -- 5 at least!
What is Grace in Small Things?
Schmutzie created Grace in Small Things as a daily reminder to take notice of the positive things we tend to overlook.
Grace in Small Things exists because we are choosing not to allow the noisiness of life to rob us of the time and energy to be mindful of ourselves and those we love and to recognize the grace that exists in small things.
Here's my list for the week:
3. Sympathy pet attention. Annabelle got lots of extra attention at the neighborhood rock concert in the park ("Backyard Beats") as a 3-legged dog. She soaked it up.
4. Running into a friend. My 3-year-old son takes me by the arm at Backyard Beats, announcing "My friend! Let's go see my friend! There! In the orange shirt!" He is so excited. One of his buddies from day camp lives in the neighborhood, and he's found the boy. "Can he come to our house to play NOW?"
5. Momma's summer reading program. Momma and darling daughter toss the library's hokey summer reading program with too many rules, and create "Momma's summer reading program." Momma's reading program has one rule: Read books.
6. Day camp crafts. After refusing to do any crafts at day camp, son completes his first craft -- painting a T-Shirt blue and pink. He's so proud of his work, he takes his shirt to bed. Not wearing it -- just displaying it on the bed.
7. Gnocchi. Hubby made gnocchi for dinner last Thursday. Yum.
8. Positive mid-year reviews. I got a positive mid-year review from my new boss on Friday!
9. Hulk hands. My son loves to play-fight with daddy with the Hulk Hands. "You won't like me when I'm angry!"
10. Rewatching Zombieland with hubby on Wii Netflix. Double Tap!