And...here we go!
1. This is what life does. It lets you get all caught up in the details and then you have to consciously remember what is most important.
2. Can I practice a little more mindfulness? I can appreciate the moment?
3. Upon reflection after my first attempts at mediation this week, I have realized that the mind is difficult to silence and easy to distract.
"Oh, Eeyore, you are wet!" said Piglet, feeling him. Eeyore shook himself, and asked somebody to explain to Piglet what happened when you had been inside a river for quite a long time. -- Zen Philosophy by the grumpy but lovable Eeyore.
5. Later, you wake up surrounded by guests -- two children stealing the blankets, a cat meowing for attention, a dog warming your feet -- and an unawakened hubby.
6. Bhima walked with her box of possessions along the beach to the far and boundless sea. (I just finished the book The Space Between Us. A good read!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to catching up on all my To Do's, tomorrow my plans include shopping for the neighborhood picnic and taking my kids to swim lessons and Sunday, I want to sleep in!